Jax, Me, and the Surf

Jax, Me, and the Surf

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Water Quality, 5 Days Later

Just did a water test.  It's nice that 5 days after a water change, I'm still showing 0 nitrates & phosphates.  It makes me feel like I'm doing something right.

However, I don't think I'm doing everything right.  That chaeto has probably grown enough in the last couple of weeks to be able to absorb the nitrates and phosphates as they become available.  I cleaned off the glass last night (I was shocked to see how dirty the glass was Sunday evening when we got home).

So the chaeto definitely isn't fighting off the diatoms or cyano, but that's only because the chaeto is in the main tank.  One of the days (weeks, months, years) when I can install a sump, I'll be able to keep the chaeto in the sump, and hopefully all the nutrients the algaes (whether desired or nuisance) consider beneficial.  So once in the sump, I'm hoping to maintain an algae-friendly environment in there instead of in the display tank.

It's been a while since posting pictures.  I should probably go weekly on that anyway.  I'll have some pics up in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment