Jax, Me, and the Surf

Jax, Me, and the Surf

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2nd Attempt at Power Filter Removal - Part II

It's not even been an hour since doing the water change.  It ended up being about 11 gallons of water changed (15%).  I just kept vacuuming until I went through all of the substrate I could get to.

I'm already noticing the tank has a slight cloudiness.  I have to keep telling myself, "It just got vacuumed.  It's going to be cloudy.  Water was just added.  It's going to be cloudy.  The power filter isn't in there to filter  particles out of the water.  It's going to be cloudy."

I have a two hour window to wait for improvement.  Hopefully it clears up, even if only slightly.

I'll give it another hour before doing a new water test.  But then I keep thinking... The last cloud burst I got tested fine, but the skimmer cup was full.  I suppose I'll be keeping a semi-hourly watch on the skimmer, then.

See?  That's why I do this.  It helps to not duplicate past failures.

Here's the tank now:
Water cloudiness shortly after vacuum and water change - 11:00am
Taken from the side in order to get as much water depth as possible for later comparison
Here it is about noon.  Looks slightly better - I can see the powerhead better
in this picture, so at least it doesn't appear to be getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment