Jax, Me, and the Surf

Jax, Me, and the Surf

Friday, April 22, 2011

Once Again, Power Filter Changes - Baby Steps This Time

Instead of a power filter that has a lot of flow and aerobic areas (I'm thinking due to it's skinny areas of baffles resulting from the placement of filters and media containers), I am going to attempt to modify the filter slightly to hopefully provide more of a slow flow, detritus collection area.  And hopefully it will still also filter large particles from the water.

I've basically removed the filter pads and left the media containers.  I probably should have done the reverse, but the filter pads are just one more thing to clean and/or purchase.

We'll see how it goes.  Right now the water is mildly cloudy due to a recent vacuum of the substrate.  I'll check back later to see how the water looks.  And then in a few days see how well the power filter is allowing detritus to settle in it's deep canister.

No comments:

Post a Comment