Jax, Me, and the Surf

Jax, Me, and the Surf

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Once Again, Power Filter Changes - Undone

Removing the filter pads from the power filter did no good.  The layer of skim was still at the surface of the water even though the filters output was churning the layer.  However, with a lack of filter pad, the larger particulates were being swept into, then right back out of, the power filter.

So today I picked up some new filter pads and also two Hydor Koralia 425 power heads.  The pads are now in the filter to clean up the particulates in the water, and the nano power heads are installed to assist with lessening the dead spots caused by the flow of just the power filter and 750 power head.  I'm sure some tweaking will need to be done to the additional flow. I'm only hoping they're powerful enough to do what I need them to do.  They sure don't put out much.  But I was worried about having too much velocity in the tank, so they'll have to do.

Noticed tonight a bunch of "chaeto bugs" on the power filter input.  I wonder if the tank is feeding on them at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment