Jax, Me, and the Surf

Jax, Me, and the Surf

Monday, April 18, 2011

Look Ma! No Aiptasia!

Or mojano, either.

Went by the LFS today to spend my $20 weekly allowance (or at least it seems that way).  I've been waiting for a couple/few weeks to pick up some Aiptasia-X.

On a side note, I think I had a "Hey Norm" moment at the LFS.  The owner called me by my name, lol.

Fast forward - the wife wanted to watch because I'd built this stuff up so much, including showing her a video of what happens.  I did the hard-to-reach aiptasia first - the one on the back of the anemone bowl.  While she watched, she directed me since I couldn't judge depth too well since I was looking over the top of the tank through the surface.  She let me know when it was dead.

Then I hit the mojano.  We saw some sort of bristle worm come out of there once the mojano was dead.  The worm was maybe a little over an inch long.  She about freaked.  Makes a person wonder what else is in  the tank.

The last two aiptasia were pretty big.  Big enough I had to regroup for another vial full.  Those are now down, too.  Here's what that problematic rock looks like now.

The purple barren spots on the bottom left of this rock had two aiptasia anemones.  They are now gone.  Also the barren spots in the center (with the white clumps) was where the mojano anemone was.  RIP.
I'm hoping the Star Polyp Coral will reclaim those areas of deep purple in time.

Definitely a good $15 spent.  And there's plenty left over for whatever surprises I'm yet to get.

Oh yeah, and today's pictures.  The cyanobacteria is still continuing it's march.  Also had to clean the glass today of both diatoms and cyano.




No comments:

Post a Comment