Jax, Me, and the Surf

Jax, Me, and the Surf

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

T plus 56:00

After looking at some before and after shots, I started to get concerned about the anemone beginning to bleach.

March 26, Day 1

March 29. Day 4

March 30, Day 5

After doing a little research on how to care for bleaching anemones, a product name rang a bell with me.  Someone had mentioned ZooPlex, which just happened to be on my list of additives/foods to research.

I followed the directions, adding 2 tablespoons of ZooPlex to the tank after shutting off the skimmer and power filter.  The clowns went crazy for it.  And my research shows if the clowns are happy, the anemone is happy.

Woke up this morning and took a few shots, plus a video of the clowns feeding on the ZooPlex.  I must say, the anemone is turning from a light blue (white reflecting the actinics) to a nice fleshy tan again.  It still has a few problematic (short or deflated) tentacles, but hopefully with the new diet the Clowns are providing, the anemone will begin to regenerate itself.

And tomorrow I'm probably back to worrying...






No comments:

Post a Comment