Jax, Me, and the Surf

Jax, Me, and the Surf

Thursday, July 7, 2011

June Update

Nothing much going on in June except planning and shopping for breeding supplies.

Water changes have still continued (roughly) once a week.

Cyano is still a problem, but not until about day 7 after the last water change.

It's been a while since posting any pics.  I'll get some up today or tomorrow.

About five mushrooms have removed themselves from the main colony in total.

Green Star Polyps have started to spread.  I'll get some close-ups of this.

Anthelia is also spreading.  Photo evidence also on the way.

I'm also planning on getting at least one benthic sump running - I think mostly for the breeding setup.  I hesitate to get one put on my display tank simply because "things happen".  Who knows how long (or prolific) the breeding will be.  I may already be a day late and a dollar short when it comes to selling the fish to local stores.  But that's not my primary focus, so I've yet to inquire.  If nothing else, there's always Ebay and Craigs list.  That puts me in competition with the LFS's, and I'd rather be a partner.

But anyway, if I get a sump for the breeding tanks and things fall through, plumbing the sump to the display tank is "plan b".

Also, I'm toying with the idea of removing the substrate from the tank.  Not all at once, but over the course of months as I do water changes.  I doubt I'll like the look, but it takes 15 gallons for me to properly siphon.  If I don't like the look, I can always paint the outside bottom white.  My only concern is shifting the anemone bowl and causing damage to the anemone's foot.  I may do the perimeter of the bowl in baby-steps so the anemone has time to adjust itself.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment